Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by ARomantsov <Ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/24 11:24:54 UTC

Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Hello, Igniters.

I'm testing some java keys with ignite.bat and notice that using more that
four keys lead to internal problem and ignite.bat ignoring them all.

So I created issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8837 and
investigated , below what i founded

1) inside file ignite.bat happen call bin/include/parseargs.bat with next
code to parse arguments
set convertArgsCmd="!JAVA_HOME!\bin\java.exe" -cp "%CP%"
org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineTransformer %*

2) call of org.apache.ignite.startup.cmdline.CommandLineTransformer correct
parsing JVM arguments only if they count less five

3) This problem (2) easy fix by add to set in convertArgsCmd one of next
Java key ( -Dfile.encoding=IBM866 or -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8)

4) Like part of issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7135 it
already had fix (3) and included in Ignite 2.4

5) Unfortunately, when fix issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-898 that key was removed  and
that lead to problem in 2.5 , 2.6, master

What correct steps to back ignite.bat working correct on windows in master /
2.7? Both of ticket in (4) / (5) fix another problems , is correct to reopen
one of them?

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I have resolved the ticket, linked JDK bug. Please update docs.

I have created a Docs issue

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ivan, thanks!

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Denis, Ilya,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Ilya,

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ilya,

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Denis,

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Some problem with execution ignite.bat in master

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Ilya,

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!