Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Ron Price <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/11 21:38:16 UTC

compilation error

Hello, I'm trying to build the most recent Pluto so I have done the
following to get the source code:

svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/trunk/ pluto

Then I change to the pluto directory and do a "maven fullDeployment", and I
receive the following compilation error:

[echo] Compiling to /usr/local/pluto/portal/target/classes
[javac] Compiling 23 source files to /usr/local/pluto/portal/target/classes
/usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portalImpl/Deploy.java:173:
cannot find symbol
symbol : variable _web_mapping
location: class org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy
"Failed to load mapping file " + _web_mapping + ". Cause of mapping error: "
+ e.getMessage());
^
/usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portalImpl/Deploy.java:567:
cannot find symbol
symbol : method PlutoAdminException(java.lang.String,java.lang.Exception)
location: class org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy
throw PlutoAdminException("Error found in Deploy.addToEntityReg()", e);
^
/usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portlet/admin/services/DeployWarService.java:152:
warning: [deprecation] org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy in
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl has been deprecated
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy.main(args);

Any ideas?

Thanks!!! :)

/ron

Re: compilation error

Posted by Ron Price <ro...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks for the fix;-)

/ron

Re: compilation error

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Hmm. . .my automated build keeps going off line, otherwise it should
have picked that up.  I'll have to get around to getting that fixed in
the near future.

David

Re: compilation error

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Hmm. . .my automated build keeps going off line, otherwise it should
have picked that up.  I'll have to get around to getting that fixed in
the near future.

David

CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:

> Ron,
> I introduced a couple of syntax bugs into the Deploy class which I fixed
> and checked into SVN. The fullDeployment goal now works. Thanks for the
> catch.
> /Craig
> Craig Doremus
> Senior J2EE Application Developer
> Hannaford Bros
>

> *Ron Price <ro...@gmail.com>*
>
> 07/11/2005 03:38 PM
> Please respond to
> pluto-user@portals.apache.org

> 	pluto-user@portals.apache.org, pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> 	compilation error
>

> Hello, I'm trying to build the most recent Pluto so I have done the
> following to get the source code:
>
> svn checkout _https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/trunk/_ pluto
>
> Then I change to the pluto directory and do a "maven fullDeployment",
> and I receive the following compilation error:
>
> [echo] Compiling to /usr/local/pluto/portal/target/classes
>    [javac] Compiling 23 source files to
> /usr/local/pluto/portal/target/classes
> /usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portalImpl/Deploy.java:173:
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable _web_mapping
> location: class org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy
>            "Failed to load mapping file " + _web_mapping + ". Cause of
> mapping error: " + e.getMessage());
>                                             ^
> /usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portalImpl/Deploy.java:567:
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : method PlutoAdminException(java.lang.String,java.lang.Exception)
> location: class org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy
>            throw PlutoAdminException("Error found in
> Deploy.addToEntityReg()", e);
>                  ^
> /usr/local/pluto/portal/src/java/org/apache/pluto/portlet/admin/services/DeployWarService.java:152:
> warning: [deprecation] org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy in
> org.apache.pluto.portalImpl has been deprecated
>                            org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Deploy.main(args);
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!!! :)
>
> /ron

Re: compilation error