Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/07/09 03:45:52 UTC

Maven snapshots requirements

Hi Mentors,

Now that the name is solidified, we should be able to start publishing Maven
snapshots asap.  However, we haven't fully completed the IP clearance due
diligence.  Are we allowed to start publishing Maven snapshots in the mean
time?  I *think* this is possible, I just need confirmation.

Also, if possible, how do we ensure that Hudson can publish these snapshots
upon a successful build automatically?

Thanks,

Les

Re: Maven snapshots requirements

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
Thanks Craig!

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Les,

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
Done, thanks.  Brian

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jul 9, 2009, at 12:41 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>> Thanks for chiming in Alan,
>>
>> IIRC, I don't think we confirmed that all the donated code has CLAs.
>>

>> How do we go about doing this?
>
> Generally, you have to go through the code and figure out who wrote
> it and whether they have CLAs or software grants on file. Everyone
> with a CLA is listed here: http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>
> If you can't find an author's CLA then you have to contact the author.
>
> If you can't find the author, you flag the file and rewrite it.
>
> This is the part that we need to do before we publish snapshots. We
> can't publish stuff that we don't have a license for.

Am I correct in stating that we only have to do this if the code was
not originally written under an AL 2.0 compatible license?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Maven snapshots requirements

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jul 9, 2009, at 12:12 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> I'm not sure.  I'm assuming the only thing left is to guarantee that
> the
> Apache copyright is at the top of every file, and we've done a good
> deal of
> work to ensure this already (although there might be a file or two
> that
> slipped through the cracks).  All contributor licenses have been
> received.
> The LICENSE.txt, NOTICE.txt and README.txt are at the root of the
> project,
> and contain the necessary notifications.
>
> Is there anything else?

Odd, I could have sworn there were a number of issues for incubation
but I don't see them in the Jira.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Les,

The only issue I've got with publishing snapshots is whether we might
be publishing code that hasn't been licensed to Apache. The headers
are a formality.

The tool you are referring to is probably RAT. Check it out: http://incubator.apache.org/rat/
  It will take you seven minutes to download and run it.

Craig

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Les,