Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Andy.Way" <an...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2008/05/29 16:10:08 UTC

how to integrate lenya into a website

Hi, Sir,

 I am the beginner of lenya. Now I have a website which is based on cocoon and all the data are stored in a postgresql database, so I want to integrate lenya as CMS in order to use the WYSISYG editor. How can I make it? Thank you.

Best wishes,

Yours sincerely,
WEI Yi

---------------------------------
 雅虎邮箱,您的终生邮箱!

Re: how to integrate lenya into a website

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Yi (is this your first name?),

Andy.Way schrieb:
> I am the beginner of lenya. Now I have a website which is based on
> cocoon and all the data are stored in a postgresql database, so I
> want to integrate lenya as CMS in order to use the WYSISYG editor.
> How can I make it? Thank you.

basically there are these options:

1. migrate your content to the Lenya repository
2. implement a PostgreSQL-based back-end
3. implement a JCR-based back-end and use a PostgreSQL repo manager

If possible, I'd recommend option 1.
Options 2 and 3 might require to change your database schema.

If you only want to use the editor and don't the rest of Lenya's
functionality, it might be more reasonable to integrate only the editor
in your Cocoon application.

HTH,
-- Andreas

--