Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Megan Bucks <me...@lucidworks.com> on 2014/02/25 07:28:33 UTC

Request to use Apache Solr in association with Solr Exchange

Solr Exchange is a series of one-day events hosted by LucidWorks to bring together Solr users and developers from a given area to learn how local companies are working with Solr. The first Exchange is planned for Washington, DC on April 16, with more cities and dates to follow.

I am writing to request approval of the use of Apache marks in support of Solr Exchange: DC.

*         ORGANIZER: Solr Exchange events are organized by LucidWorks.

*         DATE(S): Solr Exchange: DC is scheduled for April 16, 2014

*         PMC INVOLVEMENT: LucidWorks has on its staff 9 Lucene/Solr committers who are actively involved in the planning of the event and educational program.

*         MARKS REQUESTED: We are requesting approval for use of "Solr."

*         ASF COMMUNITY PARTNER LISTING: The event obtains sponsorships from partner technology companies and implementation/educational companies. All sponsors are listed on the event listing on lucidworks.com<http://lucidworks.com>. The ASF would be listed on that page as a community sponsor.

*         EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM SELECTION: The Solr Exchange: DC educational program is curated from regional companies using Solr. The LucidWorks Customer Success and Professional Services teams are hands-on with these companies and have nominated a select few to present their use cases and learning experiences from their Solr deployment. All nominations are reviewed by our on-staff PMC members and companies are invited to present.

*         PROFIT/NON-PROFIT: The event is not for profit. There is no admission fee.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like additional information. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Meg

Megan Bucks | Marketing | LucidWorks
(415) 601-3632<tel:%28415%29%20601-3632> (mobile)
Megan.bucks@lucidworks.com<ma...@lucidworks.com>