Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasanna Seshadri <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 17:35:08 UTC

Shortest snippet in Search results

Hello users,

I am right now developing an algorithm to calculate the shortest  snippet
from the search results for a given keyword of length n  (from user query).
>From the lucene source I found that there is a  method getBestFragments
which would do the same. However its very  hard to interpret the algorithm
you used for that purpose.  Therefore it would be great if you can share any
pointers to an  pseudo algorithm which would calculate the shortest snippet
from  search results so that it will be useful for me (I am planning to
implement the algorithm in scripting languages like python).

Thanks,
S.Prasanna

--
S.Prasanna (ME Comp Science and Engg)