Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 16:49:05 UTC

1.0.0 Branch Guidance

All,

We are starting to receive more items that are "breaking" changes
(deprecation of components and code being those that immediately come to
mind) and are accordingly scheduled for a 1.0.0 release.  I would like to
solicit the community for best practices on the introduction and
maintenance of a 1.0.0 branch so we can do so in a practical manner.

There are a few PRs/patches that are sitting in limbo because we do not
have an appropriate place to put them and would very much like to be able
to incorporate those changes and close them in lieu of waiting until master
reaches that juncture.

Any input on caveats, items to note, and any other items to be mindful of
is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: 1.0.0 Branch Guidance

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Personally, I think the discussion should happen on dev@ since there's
a big impact on the project.

Agree that the results of the discussion should get captured on the wiki.

-Sean

--
Sean

Re: 1.0.0 Branch Guidance