Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Bryan Kearney <bk...@avolent.com> on 2002/10/22 01:22:41 UTC

& in the source xml

I have been mucking around the archives, and have seen a bit on this.. but
no clear solution. I am running 2.4 Xalan and have input xml that looks
like:

<content>
    <description>AD&amp;D PREMIUM</description>
</content>

This is causing errors when parsing the input source. I checked the xml spec
and this seems to be valid (Slick edit likes it too). I added a doc type to
the beginning (<!DOCTYPE content [<!ENTITY amp "&#38;">]>) to no avail.

Is the only way to get this input to parse by putting CDATA tags around
this?

-- bk

-------------
Bryan Kearney
Senior Software Architect

Avolent, Inc.                              | main    415-553-6400
Enterprise Software for                    | direct  303-583-3137
Financial Relationship Management          | fax     303-460-7002
http://www.avolent.com                     |
The information in this email and any attached file are confidential, may
also be privileged, and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access,
copying, dissemination, distribution or re-use of the information in this
email and any attached files by anyone else is unauthorized. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Avolent, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient,
all copies of the email and associated files in your possession
should be destroyed

RE: & in the source xml

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
This should be okay.  What errors are you receiving?