Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vytautas Čivilis <cv...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/28 18:29:52 UTC

date picker calendar shown on text field clicked

Hi.

It would be great, if you'd consider including following code to make
TextField, that is assigned to date picker, aware of date picker itself. So,
when TextField is clicked, picker calendar would be displayed.

Implement it is very easy:

in wicket-date.js:

add some configuration property, like showCalendarOnTextFieldSelect and use
it next to line:

YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cfg.icon, "click", showCalendar,
YAHOO.wicket[cfg.dpJs], true);

//new code below:

if(cfg.showCalendarOnTextFieldSelect) {
    YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(cfg.widgetId, "click", showCalendar,
YAHOO.wicket[cfg.dpJs], true);
}

Sorry that I didn't provide the patch, I could do it if you'd seriously
consider incorporating this feature.

Re: date picker calendar shown on text field clicked

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
2010/5/29 Vytautas Čivilis <cv...@gmail.com>

> Is everything ok with this patch?

Don't know - haven't had time to look at it (and I probably won't personally
any time this week).

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: date picker calendar shown on text field clicked

Posted by Vytautas Čivilis <cv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vytautas Čivilis <cv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
I actually have a requirement for the Date Picker to be shown when focus is
applied to the field.  Is this possible too?  Can this be configurable, i.e.
not all fields have this onfocus behavior?