Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Carla Spruit <ca...@x-hive.com> on 2003/02/14 17:58:57 UTC

Validated parsing: when grammar is found, the entity resolver is not called

Hi,

My question concerns validated parsing with an entity resolver and a
grammar pool.

The schema validator identifies a schema grammar by its target
namespace. When the validator finds a grammar with this target namespace
in the grammar bucket or in the grammar pool, the entity resolver is no
longer called.
I know this is not a bug and I can understand that the validator skips
the entity resolver to enhance performance, however I would prefer the
entity resolver to be called as it would give me more control during
validated parsing.

One of the reasons I would like more control is that I want to prevent
the validator to use a grammar that does not belong to the document
being validated, even though it has the same target namespace.
Especially in cases where the target namespace is null, this is likely
to happen.

Is there any chance that you change this behaviour in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Carla Spruit

X-Hive Corporation (www.x-hive.com)
email: carla@x-hive.com