Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by john-paul delaney <jp...@justatest.com> on 2002/09/16 09:42:16 UTC

webapp file structure problem

Hello List...

I created a directory structure /com/justatest/example (under ROOT/WEB-INF/classes) but get an internal server error when I try to invoke my TestServlet :

http://www.justatest.com:8080/servlet/com.justatest.example.TestServlet

The exception line is "Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /servlet/com.justatest.example.TestServlet"

And root cause line is "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/justatest/example/TestServlet (wrong name: TestServlet)

The TestServlet runs ok if I put it under the ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory by calling is from:

http://www.justatest.com:8080/servlet/TestServlet

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

thanks
/j-p.