Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk> on 2017/07/12 12:38:28 UTC

IntelliJ IDE

I am thinking of switching from Eclipse to IntelliJ community edition
but I am still unclear how to deploy multiple projects to TomEE.

In eclipse i can open multiple projects and then drag them to a server
to deploy them.  The server has a single shared configuration folder
where i can manage config files.  i can the start and stop the server
using the IDE.

in IntelliJ i understand that i can open each eclipse project as a
"module" under a single umbrella project.  but where do i store the
TomEE config files?  and how do i deploy the modules and start and stop
the server?

Re: IntelliJ IDE

Posted by Svetlin Zarev <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you are going to use the community edition of IJ, then you'll have to
manually manage the server - i.e. start/stop/deploy/undeploy.

> I am still unclear how to deploy multiple projects to TomEE
Just build the wars and drop them in the "webapps" folder of a running
TomEE server

> The server has a single shared configuration folder where i can manage
config files
You have the "conf" folder, where you can manually manage the configuration

> i can the start and stop the server using the IDE
You can use the bin/catalina.sh or catalina.bat script to start the server:

start normally: catalina.sh run
start in debug mode: catalina.sh jpda run
stop the server: just press CTRL+C in the terminal window you used to start
the server

> but where do i store the TomEE config files
what config files ?

Also I think that you can automate (i.e. click a button in idea) a great
deal of those steps using the maven plugin, but personally I haven't used
it .

Kind regards,
Svetlin

Re: IntelliJ IDE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
In the menu: View -> Tollbar, View -> Tool Buttons. Will make it more
friendly ;)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: IntelliJ IDE

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.