Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Robert Irribarren <ro...@algorithms.io> on 2012/08/20 09:06:54 UTC

Nutch Crawling for Videos

I am wondering how I would make nutch crawl for videos say, youtube. I also
want this to be a seperate section in solr. So when I search I can filter
the results into videos and just websites.

Re: Nutch Crawling for Videos

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

There is a parse-swf plugin for Nutch which uses the JavaSWF library
[0] to parse such files (of what version I am not currently aware) and
I can confirm that it does work e.g. when used from command line I can
obtain parse data from within a local swf file.
I am not sure if this plugin can extract flash files embedded within
webpages though. It would be great for you to use it and provide us
with a bit of feedback base on your experience.

hth

Lewis

[0] http://www.anotherbigidea.com/javaswf/

--