Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/10/10 16:39:33 UTC

2.0 release plan

since it was a day late last week, I guess this one is still only one
week after :)

Basically, there are not many issues left before the core is done, so I
would like to cut beta-4 this time tomorrow, then vote and release in
the morning, then use that as the basis for a 2.0 tag on the libraries.

Once that is tagged and released, we can start releasing plugins based
on 2.0 libraries. With the core ones done by the end of the week, and
betas of anything else still being developed, we can look to announcing
2.0 final next Monday. I will post that vote on Wed/Thu also.

Any objections to this plan at this time?

- Brett

RE: 2.0 release plan

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Arnaud

Re: 2.0 release plan

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 00:39 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> since it was a day late last week, I guess this one is still only one
> week after :)
>
> Basically, there are not many issues left before the core is done, so I
> would like to cut beta-4 this time tomorrow, then vote and release in
> the morning, then use that as the basis for a 2.0 tag on the libraries.
>
> Once that is tagged and released, we can start releasing plugins based
> on 2.0 libraries. With the core ones done by the end of the week, and
> betas of anything else still being developed, we can look to announcing
> 2.0 final next Monday. I will post that vote on Wed/Thu also.
>
> Any objections to this plan at this time?
>
> - Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: 2.0 release plan

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: 2.0 release plan

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Re: 2.0 release plan

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 10/10/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> since it was a day late last week, I guess this one is still only one
> week after :)
>
> Basically, there are not many issues left before the core is done, so I
> would like to cut beta-4 this time tomorrow, then vote and release in
> the morning, then use that as the basis for a 2.0 tag on the libraries.
>
> Once that is tagged and released, we can start releasing plugins based
> on 2.0 libraries. With the core ones done by the end of the week, and
> betas of anything else still being developed, we can look to announcing
> 2.0 final next Monday. I will post that vote on Wed/Thu also.
>
> Any objections to this plan at this time?
>
> - Brett

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: 2.0 release plan

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.