Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oleksiy Podopryhora <al...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk> on 2003/10/02 13:07:00 UTC

Tomcat 5 context configuration for multiuser enviroment

I have added <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
directoryName="public_html"
userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase" />

That gives me mapping localhost:8080/~bob to /home/bob/public_html
1) now i have 300 users ( students)
and i would like to specify CONTEXT reloadable value = TRUE
is there any ways were i can write a general rule

2)
it would be nice to put log file for each user in his public_html
alexp	cos our users /students are using Tomcat for not only depolyment
but development as well
Thanks a lot

--
Sincerely Yours,
Mr Oleksiy Podopryhora

Re: Tomcat 5 context configuration for multiuser enviroment

Posted by Oleksiy Podopryhora <al...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>.
Oleksiy Podopryhora wrote:

> I have added <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
> directoryName="public_html"
> userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase" />
>
> That gives me mapping localhost:8080/~bob to /home/bob/public_html
> 1) now i have 300 users ( students)
> and i would like to specify CONTEXT reloadable value = TRUE
> is there any ways were i can write a general rule

solution is

   <DefaultContext reloadable="true">
        </DefaultContext>

> 2)
> it would be nice to put log file for each user in his public_html
> alexp    cos our users /students are using Tomcat for not only
> depolyment but development as well
> Thanks a lot

how to do 2 ?