Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by "Nabours, Mark A." <MA...@magellanhealth.com> on 2007/11/06 21:08:38 UTC

Optional Stored Procedure Parameters breaks iBatis code

We recently had a portion of our iBatis code broken when the author of
MS SQL Server stored procedure added 3 optional parameters.  We had
assumed that iBatis.net would handle this more gracefully.  What is the
recommended way for dealing with this?  Do you have to specify all of
the parameters even though some of them are optional?

If you do that, will your code break again if the maintainer of the
client's stored procedure removes those optional parameters in the
future?  We are currently using version 1.6.1 of IBatisNet.DataMapper.

Thanks,

Mark

RE: Optional Stored Procedure Parameters breaks iBatis code

Posted by "Nabours, Mark A." <MA...@magellanhealth.com>.
Thanks, for your reply.  We will give it go.

Thanks,

Mark Nabours

Senior Systems Architect

314-387-5502

All beings tremble before violence. All fear death,

all love life. See yourself in others. Then whom

can you hurt? What harm can you do?

Buddha

________________________________

We recently had a portion of our iBatis code broken when the author of
MS SQL Server stored procedure added 3 optional parameters.

We had assumed that iBatis.net would handle this more gracefully.
What is the recommended way for dealing with this?
> Try to specify useDeriveParameters="false" on the SQL server provider
in the provider.config file. Be aware that as the parameters  metatdata
are no more discovered you will have to specify the some as direction
for ouput parameter.

Do you have to specify all of the parameters even though some of them
are optional?
> yes if you use the useDeriveParameters=true as iBATIS discover the
parameters using the store procedure metadata which retrieve ALL the
parameters.

--
Cheers,
Gilles

LinkedIn</a>

Re: Optional Stored Procedure Parameters breaks iBatis code

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.