Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shaik Riyaz <sh...@hexaware.com> on 2007/10/03 14:44:08 UTC

can i have the link for new joinees

Hey guys can I have the url where new comers of JMeter use to discuss
their issues and concerns?

Already I posted one query but found the response that this is not a
right forum for me?please respond.

Thanks in advance.

***************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to Hexaware and are intended only for the
use of the recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete the same alongwith
all attachments thereto and notify us immediately at mailadmin@hexaware.com .
***************************************************************************************************************************

Re: Can any body differentiate LoadRunner and Jmeter & How a Beginner can proceed with JMeter

Posted by Shaba <sh...@gmail.com>.
This is the download link

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/

On 10/3/07, Shaik Riyaz <sh...@hexaware.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I have worked with LoadRunner never on JMeter.
>
> can any body differentiate both the tools in terms of limitations and
> flexibilities
>
> And can any body guide me in following:
>
> 1) How & where could I download JMeter software (I traversed whole the
> link http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/ but unable to download it
> successfully)
>
> 2)And what are the additional components like plug-ins/Add-ons/gems
> required for JMeter
>
> Regards,
> Riyaz

regards

Shabana

"Dreams can often become challenging, but challenges are what we live for"

Re: Can any body differentiate LoadRunner and Jmeter & How a Beginner can proceed with JMeter

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shaik,

As for "plug-ins" there are some things out there that are able to be
used/integrated with Jmeter. So far the only ones I have found that are very
useful to me at this time are  http://www.badboy.com.au/ BadBoy  a GUI tool
that lets you click and record then export them into a JMeter format. There
is some tweaking that you may have to do but it helps. There is also
http://rubenlaguna.com/wp/better-jmeter-graphs/ Stat Agg Visualizer  which
gives you another graph option for your reports.

We have Compuware at my location and I'm enjoying working with JMeter a lot
more. (Probably because Jmeter works!) There is a learning curve involved
with JMeter. Mine has been in the realm of XML, SOAP, and basic
configuration. I've discovered that it can be finicky at times. but again,
it's working as opposed to the expensive tool we purchased.

Hope that helps some!
Steve

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This is the correct forum.

Posted by Shaba <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi There,

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

& this is the wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/

hope this being an aid ...

Its better you be more precise as to what you are issues so that people respond.

-Shabana