Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Vernon <st...@btconnect.com> on 2003/11/06 12:29:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuration

Hiya,

Im trying to setup a server for a couple of websites, but although Apache
says my configuration is correct, it dosen't seem to be working right.

Is there a GOOD example (like a file to download to compare with mine) of
how to set up httpd.conf on APache 1.3 for Linux. Just every thing I look at
on Virtual Hosts just shows snippets now the entire file.

Just I am not sure if it's the DNS which is wrong or my Apache setup!

Thanks,

Steve

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration

Posted by Miguel González Castaños <mg...@tid.es>.
Please give us more information about your setup. Is your server behind a
firewall/router? Then, your server has an IP in your LAN isnt it?

Supposing that your LAN IP for your server is 10.95.1.3 For setting up a VH
configuration you only need:

# Virtual Host for your webserver at 80 port

NameVirtualHost 10.95.1.3:80

<VirtualHost >
 ServerName server1.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost>
  ServerName server2.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

You can set other VH for other ports, even secure web server, but you cannot
have more than one VH for a secure VH, you will need to use either other IP or a
different port.

HTH

Miguel

Steve Vernon ha escrito:

> Hiya,
>
> Im trying to setup a server for a couple of websites, but although Apache
> says my configuration is correct, it dosen't seem to be working right.
>
> Is there a GOOD example (like a file to download to compare with mine) of
> how to set up httpd.conf on APache 1.3 for Linux. Just every thing I look at
> on Virtual Hosts just shows snippets now the entire file.
>
> Just I am not sure if it's the DNS which is wrong or my Apache setup!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Un saludo,

Miguel

 Control en el Entorno Móvil
 Telefónica I+D
 Parque Tecnológico de Boecillo, parcela 118
 47151 Boecillo (Valladolid)

 Tel: +34 983 367957
 Fax: +34 983 367564

 E-mail: mgc@tid.es  Web: http://www.tid.es

"Si la libertad significa algo, será sobre todo el derecho a decirle
a la gente aquello que no quieren oir". George Orwell