Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sh...@mksinst.com on 2005/04/13 17:03:33 UTC

Tomcat 4x - Delayed Startup when connected to network

Tomcat 4,1  (we have tried the latest 31 build and an earlier 24 build) on
Windows XP.

When Tomcat starts it  hangs for an awfully long time (2 or 3 minutes)
before it prints the init line and tells me that it is initializing coyote.
This only happens when the host computer is connected to the network (i.e.
if the network cable is pulled out the Tomcat starts immediately). I guess
it is trying to connect to something on the network which is taking a long
time.  I have tried setting the verbosity (or is it Verbosity?) setting for
the loggers to see what it is doing but I don't think I have the correct
syntax for this (Verbosity="99" or verbosity="99") are not helpful. How can
I get some useful information before it prints out

Apr 13, 2005 5:56:34 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

This problem only started yesterday. We have been using Tomcat 4.1 for as
long as it has been out.

For the record this problem doesn't occur with the latest Tomcat 5 release.
Unfortunately we can't upgrade to this yet.

Thanks

Shimon Crown
Software Development
MKS Instruments
Control and Information Technology Division
1 Yodfat St,
Lod, 71100, Israel
Phone (972) 8 918 1039
Fax (972)8 918 1020
shimon_crown@mksinst.com

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential information.  Any review,
dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or
entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the
material from any computer.

RE: Tomcat 4x - Delayed Startup when connected to network