Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/17 17:56:40 UTC

RE: Acrobat question clarification

	Add the mime-type mappings to the web.xml file in your webapp's
directory, not the one in conf.

	Randy

Posted by Craig O'Brien <cr...@dynamic-apps.com>.
Just to let you know.  I tried what you explained: placing a link on a jsp
page within tomcat to a .pdf file.  It worked perfectly in IE5.5, Netscape
4.7 but not initially in Netscape 6. I manually set the path to acrobat and
everything thereafter was fine.

I have not made changes to the default mime-type mappings in the web.xml
file.  I cannot duplicate your problem.

.pdf files are binary.  What type of plain text are you getting?  It should
look like a bunch of strange characters with a text header, otherwise you
may not have a valid .pdf file.

Linux, tomcat-3.2.1

Good luck,
Craig