Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Matthias Kurz <mk...@baerlap.north.de> on 2006/11/14 00:58:58 UTC

Programmatically change logfile name

Hi.

How can i set the name of the logfile in an application ?
Get FileAppender by name and change File property ? How ?

   (mk)

Re: Programmatically change logfile name

Posted by Matthias Kurz <mk...@baerlap.north.de>.
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 12:58:58AM +0100, Matthias Kurz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> How can i set the name of the logfile in an application ?
> Get FileAppender by name and change File property ? How ?

Well, i'm still somewhat interested, but i went another way when
i did read this
   http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#pattern-string
Thanks to the people who spoke about %processid.

Posted by Josh Kewley <jk...@insario.com>.
I wrote the following about 1.2 beta 8. I recently upgraded to 1.2.10
and it still works:
http://insario.com/blog/jfk/archive/2004/11/30/164.aspx
-J