Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/07/09 22:52:53 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_proxy dumps core without "CacheRoot" directive" on Linux (fwd)

For the proxy people.  No ack. I don't think it needs one.

Jochen.Wiedmann@Neckar-Alb.DE said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Tue Jul  9 13:55:13 1996
> From: Jochen.Wiedmann@Neckar-Alb.DE
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Tue Jul  9 10:55:27 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_proxy dumps core without "CacheRoot" directive" on Linux
>
> Submitter: Jochen.Wiedmann@Neckar-Alb.DE
> Operating system: Linux, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used: mod_proxy
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> Core dumps when using apache as a proxy server.
> The problem is line 1978 of mod_proxy.c: There's
> no check for conf->cache.root being defined.
>
> --
>
> Backtrace:

/*
 * Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
 * Apache Development Team, awm@hyperreal.com http://www.hyperreal.com/
 * PGP Key - http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
 * BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0
 *
 * "Prizes are for children." -- Chrales Ives, upon being given, but refusing,
 *                                the Pulitzer prize
 */