Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/06/18 19:35:40 UTC

Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbine besides iBiblio?

Subject says it all...

Re: [VOTE] Re: Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbine besides

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> writes:

> Sure? I thought that every committer should be able to e.g. modify the
> web pages of his project? And these are on jakarta.apache.org

Infrastructure would like to keep the number of people with access to
daedalus as low as possible, mostly for security reasons.  Access is
granted on an as-needed basis, so if you really need it there is a
recourse.

I'm +1 on using the Jakarta repo as a fallback from the ibiblio repo,
but want to re-iterate that the Jakarta repo should only be used for
short periods of time, and that the lion's share of the bandwidth
should be drawn from ibiblio.  daedalus is loaded enough as is. =)

- Dan

Daniel Rall

Re: [VOTE] Re: Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbinebesides

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Quinton McCombs" <qm...@nequalsone.com> writes:

> Positive.  Committers are only given access to cvs.apache.org by
> default.  You must specifically ask for access to any other server.
>
> That said, I would be willing to host a repository for this purpose.  I
> will also be willing to grant access to any active developer on the
> project.

Assuming sufficient bandwidth, this might be ideal
infrastructure-wise.
--

Daniel Rall

RE: [VOTE] Re: Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbinebesides

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
Positive.  Committers are only given access to cvs.apache.org by
default.  You must specifically ask for access to any other server.

That said, I would be willing to host a repository for this purpose.  I
will also be willing to grant access to any active developer on the
project.

Quinton McCombs
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools
mailto:qmccombs@NequalsOne.com
http://www.NequalsOne.com

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Re: [VOTE] Re: Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbine besides iBiblio?

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
-1

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
+1

--

Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

[VOTE] Creating a Turbine specfic maven repo (was: Did we come up with a repo for use with Turbine besides iBiblio?)

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.

+1

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.