Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by loredana loredana <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/15 09:13:05 UTC

load-on-startup problem

I had an application where I had a <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> tag in my web.xml for one of my servlets so that whenever tomcat starts, it will run some code from the init() method. Couple of days ago I moved my project to another computer on a new tomcat instalation and after a while I decided to remove the load on startup tag from web.xml  and I also deleted the code in the init() method in my servlet. Wierd thing is, whenever I start tomcat now, I look in catalina.out and at startup I can see some exceptions from that servlet, like tomcat would still try to run the servlet at startup. Why is tomcat still trying to load the servlet on startup? deleting load-on startup from web.xml is not enough? do I still have to configure something else? 10x a lot

Re: load-on-startup problem

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.