Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Palat, Anil" <ap...@corbincapital.com> on 2007/11/15 16:31:48 UTC

FW: multiple tomcat processes running on linux

Hi,

I've my application running on the following environment

-Tomcat 5.0.16
-Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 4) 2.4.21
32.0.1.ELsmp (32-bit)

When I give ps -ef | grep tomcat, it shows multiple processes running &
all of them grabbing majority of the available memory

Is it something to do with OS ?

What can I do to stop the multiple processes?

Thanks in advance

Anil

RE: multiple tomcat processes running on linux

Posted by "Palat, Anil" <ap...@corbincapital.com>.

Thanks for you valuable suggestion, I'll consider upgrading my OS

Posted by Andrew Miehs <an...@2sheds.de>.

SV: multiple tomcat processes running on linux

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> When I give ps -ef | grep tomcat, it shows multiple processes running
& all of them grabbing majority of the available memory

That's covered in the Linux section of the FAQ: Linux ps reports
multiple threads as separate processes. Try adjusting the number of
threads in server.xml.