Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/10/02 00:17:05 UTC

Re: PROPOSAL: Ambari dev process.

I have added another comment to the process proposal doc regarding how to
make a patch
https://docs.google.com/a/pivotal.io/document/d/1hz7qjGKkNeckMibEs67ZmAa2kxjie0zkG6H_IiC2RgA/edit

There are 2 major ways to make a patch with git.
1. git diff trunk... > a.patch  # --> git apply a.patch
2. git format-patch > a.patch # --> patch -p0 < a.patch.

I prefer 1) because the git command does all, and proposed it in the doc.
Please let me know your feedback on the doc. If you are OK with it.

-jun

Re: PROPOSAL: Ambari dev process.

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
Thank you Yusaku for sharing your preference.
git diff & git apply combination probably is more straightforward.
How about others?
I'd like to agree upon it and start enforcing it so that we will see more
accurate test-patch results.
(You've seen patch-can-not-be-applied errors from Hadoop QA)

-jun

Re: PROPOSAL: Ambari dev process.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.  I like #1.