Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henri Tremblay <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/09 23:49:27 UTC

How to upload a parent pom to maven repository

Hi,

An easy question here but how can't find any documentation about it.

I want to upload a jar to the maven repository. This jar extends a parent
pom.

And I have no clue on how to upload the parent (repository plugin can't
create bundle for pom projects).

Anyone can help?

Thanks,
Henri

Re: How to upload a parent pom to maven repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 9, 2007 4:24 PM, Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org> wrote:

> the same way as the jar... deploy-file that would be my guess i have not
> actually tried it...
>
> have you tried including the repository from this 3rd party?

That was my first answer as well.  This works:
$ mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=pom.xml -DpomFile=pom.xml
-Durl=file:///tmp/myrepo

However I think Henri is talking about uploading something to the
central repo.  I'd try just attaching the parent pom to the JIRA issue
along with the bundle for the jar.  Someone will comment on the issue
if there's a problem.

--
Wendy

Re: How to upload a parent pom to maven repository

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:49:27 Henri Tremblay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An easy question here but how can't find any documentation about it.
>
> I want to upload a jar to the maven repository. This jar extends a parent
> pom.
>
> And I have no clue on how to upload the parent (repository plugin can't
> create bundle for pom projects).
>
> Anyone can help?
>
> Thanks,
> Henri

the same way as the jar... deploy-file that would be my guess i have not
actually tried it...

have you tried including the repository from this 3rd party?

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer
mailto:gholam@apache.org