Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/07/10 19:21:28 UTC

RE: Blog Created - Institutional byline?

Perhaps the creation of a uniform voice reflecting the project is best served by a comparable byline, rather than that of individuals.

Something like "ooo podling" might be better.  It might be a suitable byline used by authors of podling-reviewed posts.

 - Dennis

ABOUT COMMENTS

I see that today's status are climbing across the board.

I checked out the comments of the currently-popular blogs that allow them.  There aren't many comments and they are often banal or some diversion where commenters are talking among themselves (announcements on legal matters inspire that).  The largest run of comments (85) are on the April 2010 Infra incident report on the Apache systems attack and compromise of the stored hashes for user-account passwords.

It would seem that if comments are allowed, there should be attention to those that ask questions and formulations of responses as appropriate.  If not, comments should probably be disabled and there be a masthead or sidebar on how to send comments to the attention of the ooo podling.