Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Henderson, Michael D" <mi...@lmco.com> on 2004/04/16 19:50:12 UTC

[BOOK] Clarification on importing the initial repository layout

I followed along with Chapter 5 of the book and imported my directory
structure into a new repository. I like to experiment, so I typed in
"svn import projectA" rather than "svn import .". It worked, but the
result suprised me at first. When I did the checkout, it seemed to be
missing the top directory level. I was expecting the import to keep the
directory name.

Would it be helpful to others to add a note about that behaviour?

Also, in the example, would "cd tmpdir && svn import ." and "svn import
tmpdir" produce identical results? Or is there a difference in the
repository that I haven't noticed?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [BOOK] Clarification on importing the initial repository layout

Posted by Jason Voegele <ja...@jvoegele.com>.