Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Madesclair Vivian <vm...@sopragroup.com> on 2009/08/11 18:01:29 UTC

JMSException: Could not connect to broker

Hi again,

I am trying to use Camel inside servicemix. My global flow is :
CXF consumer => AsyncBridge => Camel => pipeline => static routing slip
=> (Saxon => CXF provider) and back.

To that goal, I created JMS queues, receiving from a JMS provider
service and readed by Camel from JMS consumer services.

Here is a sample from my bean :
<jms:provider  service="routerRecherche:AsyncRechercheRequestJMS"
     endpoint="provider"
     destinationName="queue.recherche.Request"
     connectionFactory="#jmsCF" />
 <jms:consumer  service="routerRecherche:AsyncRechercheRequestJMS"
     endpoint="consumer"
     destinationName="queue.recherche.Response"
     targetService="routerRecherche:AsyncRechercheRequestJMS"
     targetEndpoint="consumer"
     connectionFactory="#jmsCF" />

My Service Assemblies deploy correctly. But when I test, sending a
request to my CXF, the response content is
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Uncategorized exception occured during JMS processing;
nested exception is javax.jms.JMSException:
Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://172.31.196.135:61616.
Reason: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
</faultstring>

The target of the consumer is itself. That seems strange to me, but I
got that from the tutorial about Camel. You can see in the log attached
that the error actually appears when the message reach the JMS provider.

In JConsole,
org.apache.activemq > localhost > Connector > tcp://localhost_61616 >
EnqueueCount is 0
org.apache.activemq > localhost > Queue > [myqueue] > ConsumerCount is 1
org.apache.activemq > localhost > Queue > [myqueue] > ProducerCount is 0

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Vivian

RE: JMSException: Could not connect to broker

Posted by Madesclair Vivian <vm...@sopragroup.com>.
I solved that, by using "localhost" instead of the IP of my computer. I am on a local network, but I guess there are some firewalls...

I am still having problem with my usecase though. If anyone has a working exemple of using Camel inside servicemix, I'd like to see it. If I use the JMS consumer from the tutorial, smx has a problem to route the message after it went to the queue. I still can't get a grasp on this JMS consumer that is targeting itself and I think it is the cause of this routing issue.

The tutorial also say that Camel should publish a new endpoint on the ESB, but I can't see it. And if Camel do publish an endpoint, I won't need JMS queues anymore. I believed that there was no Camel endpoint, but Camel could get message from a queue. If that's the case, I should be able to give the name of this queue somewhere... (+ the broker)

Anyone has experience about Camel inside Servicemix?

Regards,
Vivian