Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2004/06/02 21:12:43 UTC

Where is max_allowed_packet set?

I'm getting the following error in my log files.  Where is
max_allowed_packet defined/set? It's not in the config.xml file.  Can
someone explain this error?

01/06/04 00:01:21 ERROR smtpserver: Unknown error occurred while
processing DATA.
javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception spooling message: Exception
caught while storing mail Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of
1048576 bytes;
  nested exception is:
        class javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception caught while
storing mail Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is
larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576
bytes
        at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:467)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.
invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
        at $Proxy9.sendMail(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.processMail(SMTPHandler.java:144
3)
        at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.doDATA(SMTPHandler.java:1287)
        at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.parseCommand(SMTPHandler.java:58
9)
        at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.handleConnection(SMTPHandler.jav
a:358)
        at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner
.run(ServerConnection.java:417)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnab
le.java:55)
        at
org.apache.james.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:90)