Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/03/03 02:49:14 UTC

Some JIRA hygene

Guys,

I've just noticed quite a bit of discrepancy between the attributions of the
code in git and to whom the particular JIRA is assigned.

I'd like to ask all committers to pay attention to this little thing when you
commit someone's else code to the repo. The ticket shouldn't be assigned to
you but to the person who contributed the code. As we all know - OSS
developers are quite merit-operated, so let's be considerate about it.

If a contributor in question doesn't have a required status in the JIRA -
please ping someone on this list or in #bigtop IRC: there's plenty of ppl who
have the project admin rights and can add a new person to the contributors
role.

Thanks,
  Cos