Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dn_rll <de...@ruelala.com> on 2012/05/29 23:06:21 UTC

How to import content from one node to another?

Hello,

I work for a company that uses Apache Lenya (2.0, I think) as it's back end. We
currently don't have anyone in house who knows how to configure or use it's high
level functions. I'm a content manager for the company, and I'm trying to learn
as best I can what I can get out of Lenya while not having administrative access
to the system.

That being said, here is my question:

>From the gui (edit with one form), is it possible to create a reference to
another  node's content that will bring it into the node being edited. For
example:

Node A's output:

http://www.google.com

Node A:

  <head>
    <title>New XHTML document</title>
  </head>
    <<reference to Node B's content>>

Node B:

  <head>
    <title>New XHTML document</title>
  </head>
    http://www.google.com

Is such a thing possible? I need this to be able to properly be able to interact
with some javascript that one of our developers has written. Being able to
create references like this will help to structure our node tree in a more user-
friendly manner. Thanks to anyone who can help in this regard.

-D

Re: How to import content from one node to another?

Posted by Dn_rll <de...@ruelala.com>.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm unable to use an iframe because what I need to appear in the Referencing
node is not html markup, but a pathname stored as a string in the Referenced
node.

What I'm asking is if Lenya has a way of internally referencing the content of
one node inside the content of another, which returns verbatim what is inside
the referenced node.

For example, if I type this into node B:

/dir0/dir1/dir2/dir4/file1.jpg

and this into node C:

/dir0/dir1/dir2/dir4/file2.jpg

I want this to show up in node A:

/dir0/dir1/dir2/dir4/file1.jpg
/dir0/dir1/dir2/dir4/file2.jpg

is that possible within Lenya?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hi

I am not sure if I really understand your question, but have you tried
using an iframe?

HTH

Michael