Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jeff Wong <je...@savagebeast.com> on 2004/07/02 18:54:00 UTC

Getting workbook from HSSFSheet

Hi,

I noticed that there is no way to get the workbook that a sheet belongs
to even though the workbook of a sheet is a private variable.  I'd like to
suggest that it might be nice to provide an accessor for this since you
might be in a function where you've been passed in a Sheet and you need
the access to the fonts and styles provided by the workbook.

Jeff

Re: Getting workbook from HSSFSheet

Posted by Karl-Heinz Zengerle <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi,

not just at this level it's interesting where an objects lies within its
surrounding object (and also being able to determine the surrounding
object itself). The same is e.g. at cell level.

I solved it with classes showing my own view and having a reference to
the corresponding POI object.

Regards, Karl-Heinz.