Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by situmin <77...@qq.com> on 2013/07/03 15:34:10 UTC

networkConnector and loadbalacing

Hello, everyone.
I am just a student and I have a few question about using activemq...

1)this url:
             brokerURL = "failover://(discovery:(multicast://default))";
   while using this kind of composite url, will it work just the way I
thought, I mean, it will reconnect and discover another broker if the former
one had been fail??

2)I have these

    <networkConnectors>
			<networkConnector uri="multicast://default" name="localhost2_bridge"
networkTTL="2"
						  	  decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
conduitSubscriptions="false">

			</networkConnector>
		</networkConnectors>

and

<transportConnectors>

            <transportConnector name="nio_from_localhost2"
uri="nio://0.0.0.0:61617?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=104857600"
								discoveryUri="multicast://default" updateClusterClients="true"
								rebalanceClusterClients="true" updateClusterClientsOnRemove="true"/>
        </transportConnectors>

in the xml file of every broker, will these broker work in a way that can be
called load balanced??
I mean, these brokers would have the same number of consumers and the same
number of producers. Is that right. If not, how can I do that??

Thanks a lot.

Re: networkConnector and loadbalacing

Posted by situmin <77...@qq.com>.
Thanks a lot, again.

Re: networkConnector and loadbalacing

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM, situmin <77...@qq.com> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
> I am just a student and I have a few question about using activemq...
>
> 1)this url:
>              brokerURL = "failover://(discovery:(multicast://default))";
>    while using this kind of composite url, will it work just the way I
> thought, I mean, it will reconnect and discover another broker if the
> former
> one had been fail??

Yes. The failover transport does just this.

> 2)I have these
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>                         <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"
> name="localhost2_bridge"
> networkTTL="2"
>
> decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
> conduitSubscriptions="false">
>
>                         </networkConnector>
>                 </networkConnectors>
>

> and
>
> <transportConnectors>
>
>             <transportConnector name="nio_from_localhost2"
> uri="nio://
> 0.0.0.0:61617?maximumConnections=1000&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=104857600
> "
>
> discoveryUri="multicast://default" updateClusterClients="true"
>
> rebalanceClusterClients="true" updateClusterClientsOnRemove="true"/>
>         </transportConnectors>
>
> in the xml file of every broker, will these broker work in a way that can
> be
> called load balanced??

Kind of. If you set up your brokers like this, then you will effectively
form a cluster.

> I mean, these brokers would have the same number of consumers and the same
> number of producers. Is that right. If not, how can I do that?

> Thanks a lot.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta