Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Keith Fernandez <ke...@primus.com> on 2000/09/14 22:10:25 UTC

accessing the encoding of a document

Where is this value stored? I want access to the encoding value - specified
in the first line of an XML document like: <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
Is it available via the root node of the (parsed) document?

Thanks -

Re: accessing the encoding of a document

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
The XML Specs still doesn't say anything about its access. A non-standard way
of accessing is through DOM_XMLDecl type objects. The creation of such objects
can be set in DOMParser (before parsing the document) via
setToCreateXMLDeclTypeNode(true);

Arundhati

Keith Fernandez wrote:

> Where is this value stored? I want access to the encoding value - specified
> in the first line of an XML document like: <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> Is it available via the root node of the (parsed) document?
>
> Thanks -

Arundhati Bhowmick
IBM -- XML Technology Group (Silicon Valley)