Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com> on 2014/08/25 16:24:46 UTC

Correct place to enter Account number

Maybe I missed it, but I read the accounting book by Sharan Foga, and have
looked about a bit.
I do not see where is the correct place to enter you account number with a
supplier to furnish on a P.O.?
I do not see it print on P.O. (I am doing an EDI bit and one of the
requested field is the account number).
I see an external ID in party manager, and guess I could use it in the
supplier record, but thought I would see if any one could provide a better
solution.

Joel

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Correct place to enter Account number

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel

Thank you very much for the feedback and I'm really glad you liked the book.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Correct place to enter Account number

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I have read the book now. Worked the appendix.
Love the book. I need to do it again so the concepts sink in.
I am guessing the example of a sales order works the same way as a P.O. etc.

I used a field called external ID for my account number.
Its part of the group record so easy to get to.

I am going to add EDI info (like FTP, or service, details to connect like
URL etc).
I am going to link that to the supplier (I already did my own front end for
the supplier and P.O.).

Great Book.

-----

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel

I took a quick look at the PO layout and I think that the one that comes
with OFBiz is like a template (Sales Order too!) that needs to be adjusted
to fit your own specific requirements. (e.g you may want to add your logo,
additional fields or completely change the format).

I see that it has the supplier name and address but I couldn’t find the
supplier id / account number so sounds like it’s not included in the current
template. This means that you’ll probably need to add it.

Thanks for the update about the Trial Balance – I’ll make a note of it and
get it updated for the next version of the Accounting book.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Correct place to enter Account number

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
I ran through the tutorial appendix in the accounting book.
Not Sure I see where to enter a account ID like for a supplier that would
show up on a P.O.
She does a sale but I am guessing they are pretty much the same as far as
fields. I see to demo customer but no account number.

Side Note. The trial balance works (she mentioned in the earlier version it
did not work).
Also if I try to do a pdf of the sales invoice I get errors.

-----

Posted by "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JF...@styleline.com>.
Sorry She does cover Billing account (but I got the impression that was for
my clients not suppliers).
She also covers financial account which I thought was like for bank
accounts.
Sorry I have not worked with each bit. I will spend some time see if either
makes any sense to use.

-----
Joel Fradkin