Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by DW <xf...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/07 02:33:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: IfModule mod_expires.so

Tom Evans wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM, DW <xf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

> <IfModule> is looking for a module file name or module name. In this
> case, it would be either 'mod_expires.c' or 'expires_module'.

It is enabled in my config file.  I have already tried to do something
like this but it is still not working:

<IfModule mod_expires.so>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType image/bmp "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 60 minutes"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 60 minutes"
</IfModule>

My next test is to remove <ifModule> completely to see if it works.
Perhaps the testing of the module is crippling the server.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: IfModule mod_expires.so

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Looks like you still don't understand what the problem is. Replace the
<IfModule
mod_expires.so> line with <IfModule mod_expires.c> or
<IfModule expires_module>

Removing ifModule statement will work of course since the one you have is
wrong.

Igor