Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org> on 2001/06/12 20:21:27 UTC

JMeter questions answered (well, sort of)

Lot's of questions today.  I've combined them all to one email message.

> Is there any other on/ offline help available on using Jmeter except for
> the site
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html

Not that I know of.  Is there a problem with that documentation?  If so,
please help me fix it!

> how do I increase/decrease the virtual user load on my site.  I am
> increasing the number of threads, do I need to do anything else as I dont
> seem to be picking up changes in my monitoring tool, although I can see on
> the console that many more threads are being executed, do I need to
> interleave them to get concurrent threads or am I missing something
> completely.

I'm not sure what the problem is.  JMeter hasn't had any problems with
threading in a long while.  You do know you can't change the number of
threads while it's running, right?  When you say "monitoring tool", what
exactly are you referring to?

> All i want todo is add one url:
> Eg:
> http:xxxx/mkom/servlet/action
>
> And different parameters:
> Eg:
> Parameter=xyz
> Parameter=abc
>
> So that the complete url looks like:
> http:xxxx/mkom/servlet/action?Parameter=xyz
>
> And so on ...
>
> Jmeter should connect to the same url with diffrent parameters:

You must have v1.6.1!  There's a bug preventing you from doing that.  I've
put a fix into cvs, so download that latest nightly build and compile it.
should work.

Also, here's a sample testscript that shows what you are trying to do, I
think:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ThreadGroup name="ThreadGroup" numThreads="2">
<controllers>
<HttpTestSample type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample"
name="Web Testing">
<defaultUrl>
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig">
<property name="port">80</property>
<property name="PROTOCOL">http</property>
<property name="arguments"><Arguments>
</Arguments>
</property>
<property name="domain">www.xxx.com</property>
<property name="path">mkom/servlet/action</property>
<property name="method">GET</property>
</ConfigElement></defaultUrl>
<urlList>
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig">
<property name="name">Url Sample</property>
<property name="arguments"><Arguments>
<argument name="parameter">xyz</argument>
</Arguments>
</property>
<property name="domain"></property>
<property name="path"></property>
</ConfigElement>
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig">
<property name="name">Url Sample</property>
<property name="arguments"><Arguments>
<argument name="parameter">abc</argument>
</Arguments>
</property>
<property name="domain"></property>
<property name="path"></property>