Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by fr...@centrum.cz on 2007/03/28 09:45:09 UTC

slow response from server when transporting larger files

Hi,
I experinece this behaviour:
I am sending files from client to server (without Rampart, using MTOM). I use something like this:

    Object responseObject = serviceStub.uploadWithResponse(param4);
    UploadWithResponseResponse response = (UploadWithResponseResponse)responseObject;
    System.out.println(response.getReturn_value());

At the same time I have System.out.println (or via  log4j) on server at the beginning and at the end of the called method. The problem is that when I send small files the server receives attachment and processes it and informs me about the end of the method. Then promptly the client receives the response,... But when I send larger files (~30MB) the server do all his part without any problem, but the client still waits for response.

Does anybody know why? Should I change some settings?  Thanks Frogg

Re: slow response from server when transporting larger files

Posted by fr...@centrum.cz.
I managed to find the real source of the problem. When I set enableMTOM on server to false (I upload files from client to server and send back just one string indicating the result of the upload) the response comes back immediately. But when enableMTOM is set to true, the response never returns. But there is the problem, I need to have another WS on the same server which will resend these received data to another client (client makes request...). So I need to have enableMTOM set to true, what can I do? On server I can not use serviceStub, can I?