Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pollotek <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 21:52:36 UTC

Embedded broker to master slave topologies not working on failover

I am trying to make the following topology work with version 5.5:

 embedded broker -> Redundant failover brokers - > consumers

For redundant fail over brokers I have tried master slave share nothing and
msater slave shared storage. None of these configurations have actually
worked.

For shared storage the system starts up well, i can see if i put messages in
the embedded broker they get consumed normally. If the active broker dies I
see a message of the new active broker getting a lock in the FS and the
embedded broker fails over to the new broker. The bad thing is that I don't
see the consumers getting any more messages after the failover happens. If
new messages get generated I see them getting queued in the embedded broker
but they never go anywhere. This is the configuration I'm using on the
consumers:

failover:(tcp://b1:61618,tcp://b2:61619)?randomize=false&maxReconnectAttempts=0

The same happens if I change the topology to master slave share nothing,
consumers stop getting messages.

Is it unreasonable to try this sort of topology configuration? I've spent
several days trying to get this to work chasing forum messages here and
there unsuccessfully. The only stuff I've seen work just like the site
explains is network of brokers and master slave share nothing with clients
directly connected to the brokers instead of embedded brokers.

Re: Embedded broker to master slave topologies not working on failover

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
no, if the trafic is one way, producer to ha pair, a network bridge
just on the embedded producer broker is suffice.

you say that the consumers don't get messages when the ha pair master
is stopped.
Are the consumers using failover: with both master and slave urls present?
do you see the connection drop and get auto reconnected to the slave?
How are the consumers configured?

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Embedded broker to master slave topologies not working on failover

Posted by pollotek <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
have a read of http://fusebyexample.blogspot.com/2011/11/activemq-network-of-master-slave-broker.html

the key for you will be configuring the network connector between your
embedded broker and the ha pair.