Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2004/12/09 17:43:23 UTC

[Stuart Denning] RE: XML::Xerces Installation on Solaris9

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply previously.

I have reverted to using the source as suggested, and have built icu and
xerces-c using the SUN Studio 8 compiler.

The resulting files I put into /usr/local/include (xercesc sub dir) and
/usr/local/lib

I set :
	$XERCES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include
and
	$XERCES_LIB=/usr/local/lib
and
	$XERCESROOT is not set
and

$XERCES_CONFIG=/live/stuart/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/src/xercesc/config.status

I run :
	Perl Makefile.PL
Which tells me this :
	Using XERCES_LIB = /usr/local/lib
	Using XERCES_INCLUDE = /usr/local/include
	Using Xerces-C version info from
/usr/local/include/xercesc/util/XercesVersion.h
	pp
	Checking to see if libxerces is in your library path...Success!!
	Using Xerces-C version: 2.5.0
	Processing hints file hints/solaris_2.pl
	Writing Makefile for Handler
	Writing Makefile for XML::Xerces

And then :
	Make
Which outputs this :
	make -C Handler static
	make[1]: Entering directory
`/live/stuart/XML-Xerces-2.5.0-0/Handler'
	cc -c -I. -IHandler -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS
	=64 -xO3 -xdepend   -DVERSION=\"0.10\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.10\"
-KPIC -	I/usr/perl5/
	5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE  PerlCallbackHandler.cpp
	cc: No input file specified, no output generated
	make[1]: *** [PerlCallbackHandler.o] Error 1
	make[1]: Leaving directory
`/live/stuart/XML-Xerces-2.5.0-0/Handler'
	make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Handler/Handler.a] Error 2
which is the same as before

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks
Stuart Denning