Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Sebastien Cevey <se...@cine7.net> on 2002/12/18 16:21:25 UTC

Repository corruption ?

Hello

My SVN repository seems to have been corrupted somehow, but I don't
know exactly how or why.

Anyway, running svn to make checkout fails :

albus svn # svn co file:///var/svn/milcis
svn: Couldn't find a repository.
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: svn_ra_local__split_URL: Unable to find valid repository
   (file:///var/svn/milcis)
albus svn #

albus svn # svn --username theefer co http://.../svn/milcis
theefer's password:

svn: RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND of /: 405 Method Not Allowed
albus svn #

The server runs a 0.15.0 svn, whereas clients which connect to the
repository use 0.16.0 (both windows and linux boxes). Could this be a
problem ?

Now, running a svnadmin recover doesn't seem to work either :

albus svn # svnadmin recover file:///var/svn/milcis/
Acquiring exclusive lock on repository db, and running recovery procedures.
Please stand by...svn: Unsupported repository version
svn: Expected version '1' of repository; found no version at all; is `file:///var/svn/milcis' a valid repository path?
svn: No such file or directory
svn: svn_io_file_open: can't open `file:///var/svn/milcis/format'
albus svn #

Of course, the path *is* a valid repository, from which I've checked
out a wc a few hours ago ... yes, that's strange, and I don't know how
this has happened, except the different versions maybe.

So do you see a reason and/or a solution to my problem ?  Might be
pretty obvious, but I haven't found it yet though :-/

Thanks !

--
Sebastien Cevey <se...@cine7.net>
Cine7.Net  -  Milcis.Net

" Shut up, listen, and learn. "
Kevin Spacey [ Swimming With Sharks ]

Re: Repository corruption ?

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Sebastien Cevey wrote:
> Now, running a svnadmin recover doesn't seem to work either :
>
> albus svn # svnadmin recover file:///var/svn/milcis/
> Acquiring exclusive lock on repository db, and running recovery procedures.
> Please stand by...svn: Unsupported repository version
> svn: Expected version '1' of repository; found no version at all; is `file:///var/svn/milcis' a valid repository path?
> svn: No such file or directory
> svn: svn_io_file_open: can't open `file:///var/svn/milcis/format'
> albus svn #

Um. I do not know about your other problems, but the svnadmin one is
quite obvious. svnadmin doesn't take in URLs, it takes local paths. So
try:

  svnadmin recover /var/svn/milcis

instead of the file:/// stuff.

:-)

-- Naked

Re: Repository corruption ?

Posted by mark benedetto king <mb...@earthquake.boredom.org>.
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:42:45PM +0100, Sebastien Cevey wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 12:49:23PM -0500, mark benedetto king wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure all of these errors are symptoms of permissions
> > problems.
> >
> > Can you "cat /var/svn/milcis/format"?  If not, svnadmin won't be
> > able to read it, either.
>
> Yes I can :
>
> albus seb # cat /var/svn/milcis/format
> 1
> albus seb #

You didn't happen to make svnadmin setuid/setgid, did you?

--ben

Re: Repository corruption ?

Posted by Sebastien Cevey <se...@cine7.net>.
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 12:49:23PM -0500, mark benedetto king wrote:

> I'm pretty sure all of these errors are symptoms of permissions
> problems.
>
> Can you "cat /var/svn/milcis/format"?  If not, svnadmin won't be
> able to read it, either.

Yes I can :

albus seb # cat /var/svn/milcis/format
1
albus seb #

I don't think the permissions would have changed had I not told them
to ...

Other ideas ? :)

--
Sebastien Cevey <se...@cine7.net>
Cine7.Net  -  Milcis.Net
Jabber: theefer@charente.de  -  ICQ: 48895760

" They called me Mr. Glass. "
Samuel L. Jackson (Elijah Price) [ Unbreakable ]

Re: Repository corruption ?

Posted by mark benedetto king <bk...@answerfriend.com>.