Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Thompson,Roger" <th...@oclc.org> on 2008/02/21 16:45:12 UTC

Trailing slash problem

I know this has been discussed, but I seem unable to find much about it
other than a comment by Yoav Shapira.
Environment: Tomcat 5.5.20 with no apache front end. The http connector
adds a trailing slash to the top level rerquest to a web app like as
follows:

http://tspilot.oclc.org/gsafd ==> http://tspilot.oclc.org/gsafd/

the connector issues the redirection code (320?).

Is there a way to tell the connector to not do this?
If not, what is a method that I can use to achieve this effect (i.e.
some use of an apache front end and filtering components).

I have UrlRewriteFilter installed at the applet level.
Is there a discussion regarding why this behavior was implemented

RE: Trailing slash problem

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Thompson,Roger [mailto:thompson@oclc.org]
> Subject: Trailing slash problem
>
> The http connector adds a trailing slash to the top level
> rerquest [sic] to a web app

As I recall, it's required by the HTTP RFC (or possibly the URI RFC -
you can look it up).

> Is there a way to tell the connector to not do this?

Read the response Bill B gave you when you asked essentially the same
question two weeks ago:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=120226844927975&w=2

> Is there a discussion regarding why this behavior
> was implemented

There's much discussion in the archives - search for it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.