Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexander Meis <am...@simoon.de> on 2003/04/01 12:12:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Spontaneous POST-Requestvars removal (Apache 1.3.27)

Hi...

We use Apache 1.3.27 with default configuration and two virtual hosts on an
Compaq ProLiant 380 dual system, RedHat 7.3.

Using mod_cgi and some perl scripts of an CMS software (Imperia) we are
facing spontaneous POST-Variable loss for those Perl/Cgi-Scripts. I wrote a
small PHP script which posts data to a CGI-script, and the CGI-script
evaluates what parameters were sent. About 7% of all POST requests do not
contain data. We allready double-checked our configuration, deactivated
nearly all unneccessary modules and deactivated SSL-support. We upgrade all
components to the most current releases, but nothing helps.

 The specialty is, as we have found out, that the behaviour only starts to
happen after about 30 minutes of Apache-Usage. We now added a small
workaround to restart apache gracefully every 15 minutes. We have no
problems so far, but this can't be a permanent solution. We guess there may
be some memory-access bug in apache or something like that. On the
hardware-side, the RAM should be okay because MySQL runs stable.

Are there any things we could try to evaluate? Some debugging-options, so we
can track the bug down?

Thanks for any hints,
Alex Meis