Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jonathan Harley <jo...@parkplatz.net> on 2006/11/29 23:26:25 UTC

Map as the value in a dataTable?

I've seen it stated on several webpages about JSF, and in the archives
of this mailing list, that you can pass a Map to a dataTable as the
value. I was expecting the var to contain each Map.Entry from the Map
when I did this using t:dataTable, but in fact the table only has one
row, and the var is the entire map. Am I missing something blindingly
obvious?

Re: Map as the value in a dataTable?

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
Hi Jonathon,

Jonathan Harley wrote:
> I've seen it stated on several webpages about JSF, and in the archives
> of this mailing list, that you can pass a Map to a dataTable as the
> value. I was expecting the var to contain each Map.Entry from the Map
> when I did this using t:dataTable, but in fact the table only has one
> row, and the var is the entire map. Am I missing something blindingly
> obvious?

I'm absolutely certain there is no such functionality for the standard
h:dataTable.

I don't remember any such functionality existing in the tomahawk
t:dataTable, and it's not mentioned in the tld docs:
   http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tlddoc/index.html

Regards,

Simon