Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob Blomquist <ro...@verizon.net> on 2004/08/19 06:47:41 UTC

Can any one tell me what this means?

I moved back to 2.63 until RDJ and SARE can handle 3.00. I just dont want to
be dealing with rewriting new rulesets everyday. I run SA locally doing my
filtering with Kmail's abilities.

I uninstalled 3.00 and all associated packages, deleted ~/.spamassassin, and
reinstalled 2.63, reran RDJ, everything passed, then ran against my email
corpus I got several hundred of these:

Argument "\009287870T^G$A" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<)
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line
1267.
Argument "\009287870T^G$A" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<)
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm line
1267.

What did I forget to do?
--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,
Home networker since shortly after.

Linux User #183693
http://counter.li.org/

Re: Can any one tell me what this means?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> What did I forget to do?

3.0 uses a different Bayes db format and auto-converts forward.  Backward
would be a bit harder.

If you kept a copy of your pre-3.0 bayes db, roll back to that.  If not, I
think you probably have to blow your current bayes db away and retrain.

(I don't know if it would be possible to generate an old-style db from just
a 3.0 db, or if you would need some additional external knowledge.)

        Loren

Re: Can any one tell me what this means?

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:47:41PM -0700, Rob Blomquist wrote:

> What did I forget to do?
> --

You've probably got a global bayes db sitting around somewhere still.
Make sure you delete it as well.

3.0 changed the bayes db format, there is no downgrade support.

Michael

Re: Can any one tell me what this means?

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.

Rob Blomquist <ro...@verizon.net> wrote on 08/18/2004 11:47:41 PM:

> I moved back to 2.63 until RDJ and SARE can handle 3.00. I just dont want
> be dealing with rewriting new rulesets everyday. I run SA locally doing
my
> filtering with Kmail's abilities.

[snip]

> What did I forget to do?
> --

Erase your Bayes database.  3.0 has a new format that's not compatible with
2.6x

Andy