Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by yuneng xie <xi...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/08 10:02:56 UTC

issue for aync invoke

Hi All,
i noticed that we got some great "async feature" introduced in , and also i
observed different behavior when i invoke in async way.

for async invoke :
i get a default value of the specific return type when i access result
value through Result.getValue before.
but now i would block and get the real value from the server.

is this desired or a bug?

Re: issue for aync invoke

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
agree. Maybe I didn't fully understand what he meant before.
The way dubbo's current filter does depend on the user's understanding of
the new asynchronous approach.

By the way, when I just checked the code, I suspect that our TimeoutFilter
might not work properly in an asynchronous scenario, @jun liu, would you
like to check it out?
I have submitted a pr[1] to try to fix it, please let me know if there is a
problem with my understanding.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/3174

jun liu <ke...@gmail.com> 于2019年1月9日周三 上午11:11写道:

Re: issue for aync invoke

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Yuneng

Thanks for reporting.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/3095 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/3095>

Re: issue for aync invoke

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
I believe it is a bug in 2.7.0 to be released. We should fix it. I noticed
that there's one issue [1] have already been filed on GitHub.

-Ian.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/3169