Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Naveen Gangam <ng...@cloudera.com> on 2023/02/08 19:59:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer for Apache Hive: Alessandro Solimando

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Hive has invited
Alessandro Solimando (asolimando) to become a committer and is pleased
to announce that he has accepted.

Contributions from Alessandro:
He has authored 30 patches for Hive, 18 for Apache Calcite and has
done many code reviews for other contributors. Vast experience and
knowledge in SQL Compiler and Optimization. His most recent work was
added support for histogram-based column stats in Hive.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12352498

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable better productivity.A PMC member helps manage and guide the
direction of the project.

Congratulations
Hive PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer for Apache Hive: Alessandro Solimando

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for your kind messages, I am truly honored to be part of
this community and I am extremely happy to have the chance to work with you
all.

Best regards,
Alessandro

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztian Kasa <kk...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Krisztian Kasa <kk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Akshat m <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Alessandro, well deserved!!

Dayakar Morem <da...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. febr. 14.,
K, 6:10):

Posted by Dayakar Morem <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jiajun Xie <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laszlo Vegh <lv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Akshat m <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Raju Somalaraju <ma...@cloudera.com>.

RE: [EXTERNAL] [ANNOUNCE] New committer for Apache Hive: Alessandro Solimando

Posted by Sankar Hariappan <Sa...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Congrats Alessandro!

-Sankar

https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.apache.org%2Fjira%2Fissues%2F%3Ffilter%3D12352498&data=05%7C01%7CSankar.Hariappan%40microsoft.com%7C02bb9aea90e64669e33208db0a0f3bc2%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C638114832811183003%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=wD8LYtW%2FtBv8MBEcWgttbqQ2hGkr2NVfLf4vYR4sHZQ%3D&reserved=0

Posted by Denys Kuzmenko <dk...@apache.org>.
Congrats, Alessandro! Very well deserved.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer for Apache Hive: Alessandro Solimando

Posted by Simhadri G <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simhadri G <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sankar Hariappan via user <us...@hive.apache.org>.