Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Axel Rose <ax...@googlemail.com> on 2013/08/29 18:06:40 UTC

pdfBox convertToImage() vs GhostScript

Hi all,

I was surprised to see the rendering output of pdfbox via convertToImage().
This produces quite good quality in my tests.

Is there a known limit for supported formats, color spaces, transparency or
other constructs?

Can anybody say if pdfbox will develop to a quality replacement for
GhostScript as a RIP?

At the moment using pdfbox 1.8.2 there are a few "unsupported/disabled operation: XX"
messages (e.g. BX, EX, EMC, BDC).

Thanks and best regards

Axel.

Re: pdfBox convertToImage() vs GhostScript

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Last I knew, some of the gradient and masking functions were incomplete,
but most other areas worked very well.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,